In view of the recent global changes due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the staff at Alderlea Dental Health Centre has compiled a list of our new office protocols. These are to safeguard the lives of our clients in Duncan and the Cowichan Valley. Give us a call for more information.
Please find our new office protocols below:
- Our office will communicate with you ahead of your appointment with screening questions.
- When entering the office, we will ask you to use our hand sanitizer.
- You will not see magazines, children’s toys and other items which cannot be adequately disinfected. You are encouraged to bring your iPad, reading materials, etc.
- Social distancing will be mandatory in the reception area. To accommodate this, we will be limiting the number of chairs in the waiting room.
- As discussed above, we must limit the flow of patients. That may mean slightly limited options for scheduling your appointment.
- You will notice barriers like sneeze guards at reception. As well, all high traffic areas, including waiting room chairs, doorknobs and handles, countertops, etc. are being regularly disinfected, including payment machines and pin-pads after every use.
- Only the patient being treated will be allowed to enter the office. In the case of a minor, one parent will be allowed to accompany them into the office but will not be allowed into the treatment rooms.
- You will notice we will look different with extra PPE, such as face shields and gowns.